Thursday, March 11, 2010

grilled cheese granny boots

Little did I know Wednesday nights at the Gladstone Hotel is home to Granny Boots, a cabaret featuring burlesque, female impersonators, strip teases and more. I met some friends for food and drink and we thought we'd be gone by the time the show started. We weren't. I shared toasted banana bread ice cream sandwich with my husband and watched a young Asian man strip from a marching band uniform. The performance finished with him covering his privates with a trombone (which he could play). We ordered one more pint of Steam Whistle to see Dainty Box do her burlesque act. Cute pasties. The fella hosting is a heck of a singer and paid tribute to big black men, of which, he is one. One who happened to be wearing purple velvet tights and a black sparkly top with fringe. My grilled cheese with apple slices on walnut bread is a good idea in theory but the cheese was only half melted (kind of the most important part of the grilled part of the sandwich). The cup of butternut squash and carrot soup was fine but I like the way I do it with orange and ginger. I'd go back. I like the place. But maybe not on a Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment