Thursday, April 15, 2010

I like Milestones

Some days you simply need take out. And when your husband ends up with a job in Milestones parking lot at 6:30 p.m. it may as well be just that. I like Milestones. I don't care if it's a chain. He suggested the seafood salad: grilled tiger shrimp, wild West Coast salmon, marinated shrimp, fresh avocado, papaya, roasted Italian tomatoes, crisp noodles, lemon-chardonnay vinaigrette. The only issue with it last time I had it in the restaurant was the ice berg lettuce was a bit bland. It was December.

We accidentally had date night there a few weeks ago after we did the last haul from the move. I was exhausted and ravenous and can't remember what I ordered. I know ate too much. He had a steak with a huge dollop of mashed potatoes. Ok I just looked on the site and here's what we shared:
APP: milestones’ famous hot spinach and artichoke dip. Creamy spinach dip with artichoke hearts and imported Italian cheeses. Served with sour cream, fresh-cut salsa and warm red tortilla chips.
MAINS:
HE: certified angus beef® top sirloin With trio of signature steak sauces – House-made Worcestershire, Kobe mustard, Gaucho sauce.
ME: california spring salad. Baby greens, mild goat cheese, fresh sliced strawberries, red onion, spicy-glazed pecans with your choice of grilled chicken breast or fire-grilled garlic shrimp skewer. I had the shrimp.
DESSERT: THE cookie
Freshly pressed and baked daily, this double dark chocolate is laced with white chocolate chunks. Served warm and topped with premium vanilla gelato and covered with house-made chocolate and caramel sauces. It. Was. Ridiculous. We ate it all.

We've also been there for brunch and must recommend the STRAWBERRY FRENCH TOAST. A light baguette dipped in our cinnamon vanilla egg batter, then lightly griddled. Topped with fresh strawberries paoched in agave syrup. Mango cream garnish. It's really really good.

http://www.milestonesrestaurants.com/

PS: In the time it's taken me to write this the seafood arrived. He also brought with him an unbaked bocconcini garlic bread that's now in the oven. I married the right man.

No comments:

Post a Comment